HP knows HDD technology
- SMART HDD technology – developed by HP in the late 90’s, SMART (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) hard drive technology is designed to allow hard drives to monitor their own health and to raise flags if imminent failures are predicted. If the drive determines that a failure is imminent, the SMART hard drive technology enables the intelligent manageability or management software to generate a fault alert and take preemptive action.
- HP 3D Driveguard – HDD reliability technology based upon 3D digital accelerometer and available standard with all HP HDDs (5400rpm and 7200rpm, 1.8 inch and 2.5 inch).
- External LED Indicator on HP business notebooks lets you know your hard drive is parked when it matters most – when your on the move.
- Keeps HDD Parked Indefinitely. Move from meeting to meeting with confidence. Parks the hard drive heads indefinitely while on the move. Does not Excessively Park HDD Heads. All HDD’s specify a finite number of times the heads can be parked. Parking heads too often can result in particulate matter in the drives which causes damage over time. HP notebooks only park the HDD head once until the notebook is at rest for 20 seconds.
- Drive Encryption
Full volume software drive encryption comes standard with every HP business notebook PC : HP’s drive encryption technology encodes every bit of information on a hard drive volume so that it becomes unreadable to an unauthorized person even if the platter is removed.
- TPM enhanced Drive Encryption ties the encryption algorithm to the integrated TPM crypto chip for increased security. The HDD essentially becomes a brick when removed from the notebook. TPM enhanced Drive Encryption is standard with all TPM enabled HP business notebooks (b-. p- and w- series).